Celebrations of the 100th anniversary of the military school
In connection with the 100th anniversary of formation of Tashkent Higher Combined Arms Command School (now the Academy of the Armed Forces of the Republic of Uzbekistan), an international military scientific conference was held on “The historical contribution of the Higher Military School to training officers for the Armed Forces and defense of the Motherland”.
At the event, which was attended by responsible persons of the Ministry of Defense of the Republic of Uzbekistan, graduates-veterans of the school living in the CIS and other countries, military attaches of foreign embassies in Uzbekistan, veterans of the Armed Forces, servicemen, it was noted that the military school has a special place in training officers who are able to think in a new way and loyal to the Motherland and people.
The military school was founded in the early twentieth century. The school, which in 1900 was the Tashkent Cadet Corps, in 1915 – the school of ensigns, in 1918 – the Turkestan Soviet command courses, prepared many highly qualified military personnel. On February 9, 1921, branches for cadets of Uzbek, Tajik, Turkmen and Kyrgyz nationalities were formed at the school, renamed to Tashkent infantry school of command staff. Since April 1 of the same year, the subject of the Uzbek language was introduced into the curriculum.
With the outbreak of World War II, the term of study at the school was six months, in 1941, brigades were formed in composition of teachers and cadets. 53 officers out of more than 8 thousand mobilized to the front, were awarded the Hero’s title, more than a thousand were awarded state awards. More than two hundred graduates in different periods were awarded the rank of general.
At the solemn ceremony, veteran graduates were presented memorable signs “100 years to Tashkent Higher Combined Arms Command School” and valuable gifts.
Abdulaziz Musayev, UzA